Planned relocation of the NRH accident and emergency ward
IT is expected the NRH Accident and Emergency Ward will be relocated to two temporary buildings in September to allow an inspection and assessment of the present A&E Ward for damage caused by last year’s earthquake.
The planned move was announced in the National Parliament yesterday, Tuesday, by the Minister of Health and Medical Services Dr. Tautai Angikimua Kaitu’u who told Parliament the current Emergency Ward would be relocated to two temporary buildings donated by RAMSI on the Mission’s departure.
Dr. Tautai Angikimua Kaitu’u also told Parliament, “The NRH will have two new buildings installed by the end of September and rearrangement of services will be planned to allow for full assessment of the Accident and Emergency department.”
The NRH’s Accident & Emergency and Labour Wards experienced structural damage following the earthquake in December last year.
« A combined effort sees the arrival of donated equipment reach NRH (Previous News)
(Next News) Organisers under fire »